-   -   URGENT- Can't get out of infinite loop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146544-urgent-cant-get-out-infinite-loop.html)

J@Y

URGENT- Can't get out of infinite loop

I accidentally made a infinite loop with a for statement. It basically
msgboxes for every cell in the sheet. I can't get out of it with Esc or End.
How would I stop the macro?

Toppers

URGENT- Can't get out of infinite loop

If all else fails:

Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Windows Task Manager
Applications
Select EXCEL
End Task

You will loose any changes since your last save.

"J@Y" wrote:

I accidentally made a infinite loop with a for statement. It basically
msgboxes for every cell in the sheet. I can't get out of it with Esc or End.
How would I stop the macro?

J@Y

URGENT- Can't get out of infinite loop

O i found out how. Ctrl + Break. Good to know for those whose having this
trouble.

"J@Y" wrote:

I accidentally made a infinite loop with a for statement. It basically
msgboxes for every cell in the sheet. I can't get out of it with Esc or End.
How would I stop the macro?

Bill Sharpe

J@Y wrote:
O i found out how. Ctrl + Break. Good to know for those whose having this
trouble.

Thanks for posting your solution. Ctrl-Break also worked with GW-BASIC
back in 1983.

Bill

Jim Rech

URGENT- Can't get out of infinite loop

Ctrl+Alt+Delete
Windows Task Manager

Or just Ctrl-Shift-Esc to go directly to the TM. (I do a lot of app
killing<g).

--
Jim