-   -   How to find a different value within a List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146320-how-find-different-value-within-list.html)

dj479794

How to find a different value within a List

If cell A1 = $13.20
In cell A2 = I want to find the value above $13.20 in the list below:
(ANSWER: $14.40)

Cell C1 = $16.00
Cell C2 = $15.20
Cell C3 = $14.40
Cell C4 = $13.20
Cell C5 = $12.00
Cell C6 = $10.40
Where as:
The cell values may change and have no correlation between each other.
The value in C1 Will always equal one of the options from the list.

Thanks,

Dustin

Mike H

How to find a different value within a List

Try,

=LARGE(C1:C6, RANK(A1,C1:C6)-1)

Mike

"dj479794" wrote:

If cell A1 = $13.20
In cell A2 = I want to find the value above $13.20 in the list below:
(ANSWER: $14.40)

Cell C1 = $16.00
Cell C2 = $15.20
Cell C3 = $14.40
Cell C4 = $13.20
Cell C5 = $12.00
Cell C6 = $10.40
Where as:
The cell values may change and have no correlation between each other.
The value in C1 Will always equal one of the options from the list.

Thanks,

Dustin

dj479794

How to find a different value within a List

Yes. It worked! Thankyou! Never used "LARGE" before. I like it.

"Mike H" wrote:

Try,

=LARGE(C1:C6, RANK(A1,C1:C6)-1)

Mike