-   -   Extracting after a "-" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146225-extracting-after.html)

A.S.

Extracting after a "-"

I want to take everything to the right of a "-", but the formula I am using
cuts part of it and doesn't give me everything. Is there a formula that gives
me everything to the right regardless of length of characters in the cell?

Toppers

Extracting after a "-"

try:

=MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,255)

"A.S." wrote:

I want to take everything to the right of a "-", but the formula I am using
cuts part of it and doesn't give me everything. Is there a formula that gives
me everything to the right regardless of length of characters in the cell?

Mark Lincoln

Extracting after a "-"

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("-",A1))

This will extract the needed text from A1. Adjust to fit your needs.

Mark Lincoln

On Jun 12, 4:13 pm, A.S. wrote:
I want to take everything to the right of a "-", but the formula I am using
cuts part of it and doesn't give me everything. Is there a formula that gives
me everything to the right regardless of length of characters in the cell?

PCLIVE

Extracting after a "-"

This assumes there is only one "-" in your text string.

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("-",A1))

HTH,
Paul

"A.S." wrote in message
I want to take everything to the right of a "-", but the formula I am using
cuts part of it and doesn't give me everything. Is there a formula that
gives
me everything to the right regardless of length of characters in the cell?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Extracting after a "-"

I want to take everything to the right of a "-", but the formula I am using
cuts part of it and doesn't give me everything. Is there a formula that
gives
me everything to the right regardless of length of characters in the cell?

Assuming your text is in A1, this seems to work...

=MID(A1,1+FIND("-",A1),LEN(A1)-FIND("-",A1))

Rick

excelent

Extracting after a "-"

=MID(A1;FIND("-";A1)+1;255)