-   -   ISBLANK Formula Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146157-isblank-formula-help.html)

pt_lily

ISBLANK Formula Help

I am hung up on a formula. I am not getting the blank cell as a result.
Please help!

What I am looking for:
If cell BF is empty, I need a blank cell returned. If it has a numerical
value in it, I need the formula (BF4-Y4)/Y4 returned.

This is the formula that I have currently:

=IF(ISBLANK(BF),(""),((BF4-Y4)/Y4))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips

ISBLANK Formula Help

=IF(ISBLANK(BF4),"",(BF4-Y4)/Y4)

--
HTH

Bob

"pt_lily" wrote in message
I am hung up on a formula. I am not getting the blank cell as a result.
Please help!

What I am looking for:
If cell BF is empty, I need a blank cell returned. If it has a numerical
value in it, I need the formula (BF4-Y4)/Y4 returned.

This is the formula that I have currently:

=IF(ISBLANK(BF),(""),((BF4-Y4)/Y4))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary''s Student

ISBLANK Formula Help

BF is a column (which is a collection of many cells).

Do you want to return a blank if ALL the cells in column BF are blank?
or
Do you want to return a blank if ANY of the cells in column BF are blank?
or
Do you want to return a blank if a specific cell in column BF is blank?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200728

Peo Sjoblom

ISBLANK Formula Help

BF is not a cell, it's a column header

=IF(BF4="","",(BF4-Y4)/Y4)

Peo Sjoblom

"pt_lily" wrote in message
I am hung up on a formula. I am not getting the blank cell as a result.
Please help!

What I am looking for:
If cell BF is empty, I need a blank cell returned. If it has a numerical
value in it, I need the formula (BF4-Y4)/Y4 returned.

This is the formula that I have currently:

=IF(ISBLANK(BF),(""),((BF4-Y4)/Y4))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pt_lily

ISBLANK Formula Help