-   -   Converting rows to columns on a large scale (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14601-converting-rows-columns-large-scale.html)

Bootsy

Converting rows to columns on a large scale

I have a workbook of names and addresses. All information is in column A...

John Doe
111 5th st.
New York, NY
Joe Smith
1st St. E
Chicago, IL

etc.

I want to convert this entire workbook to column form as follows,

John Doe 111 5th St New York, NY
Joe Smith 1st St. E Chicago, IL

Is there a way for me to do this without using "Paste Special" and
"Transpose" for each individual entry.....or tediously moving each entry one
by one?

bootsy

Dave Peterson

If the layout is always 3 rows per address, you can put this in B1 and copy to
the right. Then copy down (until you run out of data)

=INDEX($A:$A,MOD(COLUMN()-2,3)+1+(ROW()-1)*3)

--

Dave Peterson