-   -   Conditional Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145942-conditional-format.html)

David

Conditional Format

If Column A contains "Disp." in it I want the colors of columns A, B, & C to
all change to a specific color
--
David

FSt1

Conditional Format

hi
in the A column...
cell value is.....equal to......="Disp.".....pick your color
in the B column
formula is.....=IF(A1="Disp.",1,0)......pick your color
in the C column
formula is.....=IF(A1="Disp.",1,0)......pick your color

Regards
FSt1

"David" wrote:

If Column A contains "Disp." in it I want the colors of columns A, B, & C to
all change to a specific color
--
David

Earl Kiosterud

Conditional Format

David,

Select the cells (or columns). Note the active (white) cell of your selection. Format -
Conditional formatting - formula. For an active cell of A1, enter this formula:
=$A1="disp"
Then click the Format button and set the desired formatting.

If you look at the Conditional Formatting formula of any other cell, it will look
different -- the formula is effectively copied to the other cells. For more on conditional
formatting, go to Debra Dalgleish's www.contextures.com.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...