-   -   Validation Load Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145834-validation-load-error.html)

RhysPieces

Validation Load Error

I am trying to publish my workbook as an interactive Single File Webpage from
Excel. It has data validation incorporated into 3 columns using Named Ranges.
When I click 'Publish' it gives me the following error msg and then loads a
blank worksheet into my IE7 browser:

"Validation Load Error: For TypeList, the absence of a <CellRangeList tag
implies relative references in the list values which is not allowed"

What does this mean? I checked my list references and they are absolute
($A$1, e.g.). I tried dropping the Named Ranges and going with cell ranges
with the same result. My data validation must be based on a list in order to
eliminate invalid entries by the targeted users.

I have searched thru Google & Yahoo! and nobody seems to have the answer
except to some vague references about changing some XML code which is not
something I am comfortable with at this time. Any ideas are appreciated!