-   -   Right-click Drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145784-right-click-drop-down-list.html)

Joe M.

Right-click Drop down list

I created a drop down list using Validation. However I noticed that when
right-clicking on a cell there's a choice for "pick from drop down list".
When I do that on my cell containing the drop down list it's empty.
Apparently this right-click list is filled a different way, other than
validation. Can someone help?

Jim Thomlinson

Right-click Drop down list

The Pick From List you are describing is more like autocomplete. What it is
doing is it is looking at the values you have in the cells above and below to
create a list of potential values.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson