-   -   SORTING (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145781-sorting.html)

Ransom

SORTING

Hi everyone,
I neglected to seperate first and last name in my table and now I need to
alphabetize by the last name. Is this possible when the first and last name
are in the same field(table)

thanks
RW

CLR

SORTING

You can break the two names out into their own columns and sort that way, or,
Jim Cone has a nifty little inexpensive commercial Add-in that I use, called
"SpecialSort" that will do the trick in the one column. It's available at
http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ransom" wrote:

Hi everyone,
I neglected to seperate first and last name in my table and now I need to
alphabetize by the last name. Is this possible when the first and last name
are in the same field(table)

thanks
RW

Dave Peterson

SORTING

You'd have to separate the first name and last names into different columns and
then sort by them.

Depending on what those names look like, maybe a simple data|text to columns
would work????

--

Dave Peterson