-   -   Switch calculating cells off (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145744-switch-calculating-cells-off.html)

al

Switch calculating cells off

I'm using a massive workbook. Everytime I do anything, the entire workbook
has to re-calculate every formula. This takes too long for me, to have to
wait after every small amendment I make, or after every new cell is updated.

Can I switch off the calculation whilst I make my changes and then swith it
back on again, when I am ready?

Harimau

Switch calculating cells off

You can go to Tools - Options - Calculation - Uncheck the the automatic
calculation or choose manual calculate.

Then press F9 to make the whole book calculate. Or press Shift+F9 (i think)
to only calculate the active sheet.

"Al" wrote:

I'm using a massive workbook. Everytime I do anything, the entire workbook
has to re-calculate every formula. This takes too long for me, to have to
wait after every small amendment I make, or after every new cell is updated.

Can I switch off the calculation whilst I make my changes and then swith it
back on again, when I am ready?

al

Switch calculating cells off

Marvellous...I thought there'd be something clever like that! Thank you!