-   -   separate text into multiple cells when there is ", " (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145723-separate-text-into-multiple-cells-when-there.html)

[email protected]

separate text into multiple cells when there is ", "

I have address, city, province, postal code all in one cell (A1)

Can I split that into 4 cells containing address city
province postal code (A1-D1)

XL 2003

....Lisa

T. Valko

separate text into multiple cells when there is ", "

Use the Text to Columns feature.

Make sure cells B1:D1 are empty. Any data in them will be overwritten.
Select cell A1
Gotot the menu DataText to Columns
Select DelimitedNext
Select CommaFinish