-   -   How do I Highlight a row, where something is found? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145614-how-do-i-highlight-row-where-something-found.html)

LWSDOT

How do I Highlight a row, where something is found?

I am trying to highlight an enitire row when a column in the row contains
certain text. I can get it to highlight the box that it is in but I would
like to highlight the whole row if possible.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How do I Highlight a row, where something is found?

You haven't told us what conditional format formula you are using, but try
something of the form Formula is =$A1="wanted text".
(Absolute reference for the column, relative reference for the row).
--
David Biddulph

"LWSDOT" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight an enitire row when a column in the row contains
certain text. I can get it to highlight the box that it is in but I would
like to highlight the whole row if possible.

vezerid

How do I Highlight a row, where something is found?

Select ALL columns of your data (or even the entire sheet). Assuming
your test column is C:C and you selected from row 1.

Conditional Formatting, Formula Is:

=$C1="my choice"

HTH
Kostis Vezerides