-   -   Worksheet Sections (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145613-worksheet-sections.html)

RJ

Worksheet Sections

I am using Excel 2003 and I would like to know if you can format different
sections of a worksheet so that each section has different column widths.
Section 2 would be below section 1 and section 3 would be below section 2,
and so on.

Thanks for your help.

JE McGimpsey

Worksheet Sections

No, column widths apply to all columns. You can merge adjacent columns
to create the appearance of multiple widths, but they almost always
cause more problems than they're worth.

In article ,
RJ wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and I would like to know if you can format different
sections of a worksheet so that each section has different column widths.
Section 2 would be below section 1 and section 3 would be below section 2,
and so on.

Paul B

Worksheet Sections

RJ, column widths are for the whole worksheet, you could merge some cells
but that can be a problem when sorting and other things
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003