-   -   Comments in a shared Workbook acting strangely (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145597-comments-shared-workbook-acting-strangely.html)

J Streger

Comments in a shared Workbook acting strangely

Sorry for the double post, but it seems when I got a response and tried to
open to it, the entire post, my question and response had been deleted. So
let's try this again:

I have a situation where I have comments in a shared workbook. I run a macro
every month to shift these comments over in accordance with the month. when a
user or myself then try to go into the comments to edit the data, the
original text of the comment is uneditable. We can add new text to the
comment. We can delete the comment and create a new one that is totally
editable. When we try to edit the original text, I can highlight the text, or
put my cursor in a particular spot, but delete/backspace or any other key has
no effect until I go to the "new" setion of the comment. Any ideas why this
strange behavior is taking place? Thank you.

--
J Streger