-   -   changing password (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145366-changing-password.html)

Charlie Brown

changing password

All

A few years ago I wrote a programme along with a few colleagues, we used a
common password between us. I left the department on promotion and have
just returned to a different department. Since I have been gone, the
programme has been developed with a few bells and whistles attached but it
is basically the same. I have been asked to investigate a few problems with
it and I need to change the password (It is still the old one). I have been
through all the relevant sheets and vba and changed the passwords OK, but
the programme gives me a " compile error in hidden module mdnew333". I
sometimes get compile error 13 too.

I have changed absolutely nothing other than the pw. Are there some hidden
files I've missed?

TIA

Richard

Dave Peterson

changing password

Do you have a module named mdnew333 in that workbook's project?

If yes, try unprotecting the project and compiling the code.

If no, look at the other open workbook projects for a module named mdnew333.

--

Dave Peterson

Charlie Brown

changing password

Dave

Yes I can see the module mdnew333 OK but I can't see anything wrong with it.
BTW, this programme is running on a server, on a standalone machine,
everything works fine.

Charlie

Charlie Brown wrote:

[...]

How about making a test version of the workbook, unprotect that workbook's
project and see where the debug option takes you.

(I don't have a guess about running from a server, though.)