-   -   Duplicate Worksheets XLS:1 and XLS:2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/145095-duplicate-worksheets-xls-1-xls-2-a.html)

Howeecow

Duplicate Worksheets XLS:1 and XLS:2

I have no idea what I did and nobody in my company knows this answer....
someone plesae help!!

I have a worksheet that when I open I get two copies of it for instance
mayquery.xls:1 and mayquery.xls:2

I don't need two copies and I am not sure how to close or get rid of the
second copy.

Does anyone have that answer???

Thanks!

bj

Duplicate Worksheets XLS:1 and XLS:2

you acidently hit <Window<new Window
just select one of them and click on the red x at the top right of that
window. (not of EXCEl just that window. you will be left with one copy
without the -1 or -2. Save it even if you have made no changes or when you
open it again the two copies will open.
It is a useful tool, but can be annoying when you don't expect it.

"Howeecow" wrote:

I have no idea what I did and nobody in my company knows this answer....
someone plesae help!!

I have a worksheet that when I open I get two copies of it for instance
mayquery.xls:1 and mayquery.xls:2

I don't need two copies and I am not sure how to close or get rid of the
second copy.

Does anyone have that answer???

Thanks!

Howeecow

Duplicate Worksheets XLS:1 and XLS:2

Thank you BJ

That is perfect! Something so simple!!

"Howeecow" wrote:

I have no idea what I did and nobody in my company knows this answer....
someone plesae help!!

I have a worksheet that when I open I get two copies of it for instance
mayquery.xls:1 and mayquery.xls:2

I don't need two copies and I am not sure how to close or get rid of the
second copy.

Does anyone have that answer???

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Duplicate Worksheets XLS:1 and XLS:2

You have two windows open with the same file.

Someone inadvertantly clicked on WindowNew Window.

Select one of the windows and Close to have one Window remaining.

Save that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP