-   -   Header as cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144755-header-cell-value.html)

michaelberrier

Header as cell value

I've seen 1000 posts on how to base a header on a cell value. I need
to do the opposite. That is to say, if the sheet name is "Dogs", I
need to put that value in a particular cell on a separate sheet. This
can be done with vba or indwelling formula.

Thanks to all.

JE McGimpsey

Header as cell value

Sheet name? or Header?

If sheet name:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formu..._function.html

In article .com,
michaelberrier wrote:

I've seen 1000 posts on how to base a header on a cell value. I need
to do the opposite. That is to say, if the sheet name is "Dogs", I
need to put that value in a particular cell on a separate sheet. This
can be done with vba or indwelling formula.

Peo Sjoblom

Header as cell value

The workbook needs to be saved first

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

will return the sheet name of the sheet that holds the formula

it can be put in any cell (even A1), the cell reference is needed that's
all, it can be any cell reference

Peo Sjoblom

oups.com...

michaelberrier wrote:
I've seen 1000 posts on how to base a header on a cell value. I need
to do the opposite. That is to say, if the sheet name is "Dogs", I
need to put that value in a particular cell on a separate sheet. This
can be done with vba or indwelling formula.

My error, it is indeed the header I need in the cell value.