-   -   Import Personal.XLS from 2003 to 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144704-import-personal-xls-2003-2007-a.html)

shjco

Import Personal.XLS from 2003 to 2007?

I just upgraded to MS Office 2007 but it uses Personal.XLSB files for the
personal work book instead of the Personal.XLS. It loads my old Personal.XLS
file (which is over 1mb in size) but with complaints. How can I make it work
in 2007 without having to export and import some 200 macros?

Ron de Bruin

Import Personal.XLS from 2003 to 2007?

Unhide your personal.xls and use SaveAs to save it as xlsb

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"shjco" wrote in message ...
I just upgraded to MS Office 2007 but it uses Personal.XLSB files for the
personal work book instead of the Personal.XLS. It loads my old Personal.XLS
file (which is over 1mb in size) but with complaints. How can I make it work
in 2007 without having to export and import some 200 macros?

shjco

Import Personal.XLS from 2003 to 2007?

Thanks! After I did that, I had to delete my original Personal.XLS file,
then redefine the macro buttons, which wasn't hard. Thanks again.

shjco