-   -   Problems between Hyperion Smart View Add-in and Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144703-problems-between-hyperion-smart-view-add-excel.html)

Wes

Problems between Hyperion Smart View Add-in and Excel

Hello,
I'm running an XP machine with Office 2003 installed. I have installed
Hyperion Smart View 7.2.5.01 client and am trying to setup the add-in feature
in Excel. I'm prompted for the Active Directory user id & password. However
after providing the id & pw I get an error:
Hyperion SmartView for Office
XML Load Error: Invalid XML Declaration

I have followed the instructions for installing SmartView and setting up
Excel with the Add-in, but can't get past this error.
I have removed Hyperion SmartView completely - Add/Remove Programs, Folder &
Registry entries, rebooted and reinstalled with the same result.

I looked on Google & the Hyperion website for information on the error with
no success.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer,

Wes