-   -   How do I convert last name, first name in cells to first name las. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14468-how-do-i-convert-last-name-first-name-cells-first-name-las.html)

southern

How do I convert last name, first name in cells to first name las.

Cells contain names in last name, first name order. I wish to convert to
first name last name (no comma) without retyping. Thanks

Michael

Assuming your data is in column A. Select the names in Column A. Make sure
that Columns B and C are blank. In Excel 2003, click on data,
text-to-columns and choose delimited and comma. The last name of the first
entry will be in A2 and the first name will be in B2. In C2 type =B2&" "&A2
to concatenate the name with first name first and then copy down the formula
in C2 as far as necessary. As a last step be sure to copy Column C, go to
Edit - paste special -values and paste back on Column C.

"southern" wrote:

Cells contain names in last name, first name order. I wish to convert to
first name last name (no comma) without retyping. Thanks

BobT

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1,1)+2,256)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND