-   -   Copying Columns of Data to Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144539-copying-columns-data-rows.html)

Walter

Copying Columns of Data to Rows

I have two columns of data and want the first column in a certain row and the
second column in a few rows below the first but in the same column since the
information is related. For example:

Col A Col B
1xxxx 1yyyy
2xxxx 2yyyy
3xxxx 3yyyy

I want it like this

Col F Col G Col H
Row10 1xxxx 2xxxx 3xxxx
Row15 1yyyy 2yyyy 3yyyy

Does that make sense?

DC

Copying Columns of Data to Rows

Can't you just copy then paste special 'transpose'?

"Walter" wrote:

I have two columns of data and want the first column in a certain row and the
second column in a few rows below the first but in the same column since the
information is related. For example:

Col A Col B
1xxxx 1yyyy
2xxxx 2yyyy
3xxxx 3yyyy

I want it like this

Col F Col G Col H
Row10 1xxxx 2xxxx 3xxxx
Row15 1yyyy 2yyyy 3yyyy

Does that make sense?

Walter

Copying Columns of Data to Rows

Yeah, that's right. Boy, sometimes you get blinded to the obvious

"Walter" wrote:

I have two columns of data and want the first column in a certain row and the
second column in a few rows below the first but in the same column since the
information is related. For example:

Col A Col B
1xxxx 1yyyy
2xxxx 2yyyy
3xxxx 3yyyy

I want it like this

Col F Col G Col H
Row10 1xxxx 2xxxx 3xxxx
Row15 1yyyy 2yyyy 3yyyy

Does that make sense?

DC

Copying Columns of Data to Rows

Walter, please rate this as a helpful post.

Thanks