-   -   Cell shading locked? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144532-cell-shading-locked.html)

Mike

Cell shading locked?

I am trying to edit a previously saved spreadsheet. Many of the cells are
colored, and I would like to eliminate the shading. However, whenever I
select a shaded cell and try to remove the shading by choosing "No Fill,"
nothing happens. I cannot change the color either. If the cell is already
white, I can add shading to those. but the already shaded cells seem to be
"locked." Any advice to getting around this besides retyping the file? Thanks!

DazzaData

Cell shading locked?

they are most likely conditionally formatted,

try selecting the cells all the ones affected then Format-- conditional
formatting and press the delete button, tick conditions 1 2 & 3

see if that does it

Cheers