-   -   Format and Concatenation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144460-format-concatenation.html)

C Brandt

Format and Concatenation

I am preparing data in an Excel file to be used in the body of an email. I
am using CONCATENATE to assemble a line of text. One of the components of
the string is a number which is formated in the spread sheet as $40,015.00
and I would like that format to appear in the result of the concatenation.
It currently appears as 40015.
Does anyone know how I can get the number to appear as $40,015 after the
concatenation.

Thanks for any assistance you can render on this issue,
Craig

Peo Sjoblom

Format and Concatenation

="some text yada yada "&TEXT(A1,"$#,##0.00")

Peo Sjoblom

"C Brandt" wrote in message
I am preparing data in an Excel file to be used in the body of an email. I
am using CONCATENATE to assemble a line of text. One of the components of
the string is a number which is formated in the spread sheet as $40,015.00
and I would like that format to appear in the result of the concatenation.
It currently appears as 40015.
Does anyone know how I can get the number to appear as $40,015 after the
concatenation.

Thanks for any assistance you can render on this issue,
Craig

MyVeryOwnSelf

Format and Concatenation

... I am using CONCATENATE to assemble a line of text. One of the
components of the string is a number which is formated in the spread
sheet as $40,015.00 and I would like that format to appear in the
result of the concatenation. It currently appears as 40015.
Does anyone know how I can get the number to appear as $40,015 after
the concatenation.

If the number is in A1, one way would be something like this:
="The value is "&TEXT(A1,"$#,##0.00")&" today."

C Brandt

Format and Concatenation

Thanks All.

Exactly what I needed!