-   -   Quick formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144404-quick-formula.html)

Scooter

Quick formula

I think I'm confusing "if" with "or"...please help. I want cell A to use the
value in cell B if there is one, otherwise I want cell A to use the value in
cell C and multiply it by 2.25. Pretty easy, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

Mike

Quick formula

try this
=IF(B10,B1,C1*2.25)

"Scooter" wrote:

I think I'm confusing "if" with "or"...please help. I want cell A to use the
value in cell B if there is one, otherwise I want cell A to use the value in
cell C and multiply it by 2.25. Pretty easy, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

Roger Govier

Quick formula

Hi

=IF(B1,B1,C1)*2.25

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Scooter" wrote in message
I think I'm confusing "if" with "or"...please help. I want cell A to
use the
value in cell B if there is one, otherwise I want cell A to use the
value in
cell C and multiply it by 2.25. Pretty easy, but I can't seem to get
it to
work.

CLR

Quick formula

IF(B1=0,C1*2.25,B1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Scooter" wrote:

I think I'm confusing "if" with "or"...please help. I want cell A to use the
value in cell B if there is one, otherwise I want cell A to use the value in
cell C and multiply it by 2.25. Pretty easy, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

Scooter

Quick formula

Great...thank you very much.