-   -   Can excel tell me if i duplicate an entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144285-can-excel-tell-me-if-i-duplicate-entry.html)

jojo

Can excel tell me if i duplicate an entry

I am using excel to record a list of data. I want it to tell me if i have
duplicated an entry on the worksheet.

Gord Dibben

Can excel tell me if i duplicate an entry

JoJO

See Chip Pearson's site for finding and tagging/highlighting duplicates.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

Also see the link at Chip's page bottom to "Preventing Duplicates"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:17:00 -0700, JoJo wrote:

I am using excel to record a list of data. I want it to tell me if i have
duplicated an entry on the worksheet.

Gary''s Student

Can excel tell me if i duplicate an entry

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200725

"JoJo" wrote:

I am using excel to record a list of data. I want it to tell me if i have
duplicated an entry on the worksheet.

sand

Can excel tell me if i duplicate an entry

there are several ways to find duplicates in list
use folowing functions to find duplicates

=COUNTIF(A:A,A2), COPY THE SAME RESULT WIL BE 1 WHERE DUPLICATES ENTERED

OR USE

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A2,$A$1:A1,1,0)),"OK","DUPLICA TE") AND COPY THE SAME
TILL END, THIS WILL SHOW YOU RESULT DUPLICATE WHERE MULTIPLE ENTRIES FOUND