-   -   Workbook not caculating formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144128-workbook-not-caculating-formulas.html)

RodShaw2

Workbook not caculating formulas

I have had this problem before and fixed it but I am drawing a blank. None of the formulas in my workbook will caculate until it is saved and closed or the user hits F9. (The user dropped a book on his keyboard and toggled something). I went into TOOLS-OPTIONS_ CACULATIONS and Automatic is chosen but it still isn't doing it. Any ideas suggestions? I know it will be something easy but I can't remember it.

Thanks,

Rod

Dave Peterson

Workbook not caculating formulas

I've never seen this problem.

But I've seen posts that describe this.

I'd select all the worksheets (rightclick on a tab and choose Select all sheets
then select A1 (just so a single cell is selected
edit|Replace
what: =
with: =
replace all

then ungroup the sheets

--
RodShaw2

--

Dave Peterson

RodShaw2

Sorry I should have been a bit more clear. None of the workbooks or worksheets on that computer will automatically caculate.

Dave Peterson

Workbook not caculating formulas

Excel determines the calculation mode from the first workbook opened in that
session.

It sounds like you may have changed it once and expected it to stay set that way
forever.

I'd open a workbook and check that calculation setting once more.