-   -   Is it a comment ? or a label ? or a caption ?.... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/144017-comment-label-caption.html)

mars

Is it a comment ? or a label ? or a caption ?....

Hi all! I'm having a weird issue with a Excel file which has an area,
delimited by cells, that seems to be somehow active. That is to say when
you pass over that area a yellow square (very similiar to a comment)
pops-up. This sort of comment is fixed and cannot be edited, the right
mouse button seems disabled on it, there's no arrow pointing to the cell
(like comments) and if you move it around when it reappers it's still
in that place...

What could this thing be? How can you modify/create it?

Thanks for your help!!!

Debra Dalgleish

Is it a comment ? or a label ? or a caption ?....

It's a data validation input message. There's a bit of information he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

mars

mars wrote:
Hi all! I'm having a weird issue with a Excel file which has an area,
delimited by cells, that seems to be somehow active. That is to say
when you pass over that area a yellow square (very similiar to a
comment) pops-up. This sort of comment is fixed and cannot be edited,
the right mouse button seems disabled on it, there's no arrow pointing
to the cell (like comments) and if you move it around when it
reappers it's still in that place...

What could this thing be? How can you modify/create it?

Thanks for your help!!!

Yeah, you're right! Very quick!!
Thank you very much!!!