-   -   The save option is not highlighted in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143932-save-option-not-highlighted-excel.html)

CC

The save option is not highlighted in Excel

Whenever I am in Excel and want to save my workbook, The save options are
showing but are faint and are not available to click on. I can use the
shortcut Ctrl+S but I don't understand why the toolbar and file options are
not available.

Mike H

The save option is not highlighted in Excel

Try:-

Tools|customise|toolbars select standard and click reset.

Are you asked to enable macros when you open the workbook? If you are try
clicking disable and see if this does anything. If it does have a look for
code in the workbook_Open event.

Mike