-   -   return last value of a sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143860-return-last-value-sheet.html)

widman

return last value of a sheet

Is there a formula I can put on a worksheet that picks up the values from the
last row entered in the previous sheet, changing as rows are added.

In other words, this forumla in A1 of sheet 2 would show the value of A20 in
sheet 1 until values were put into A21, then they would show the values from
A21, then A22, etc.

JLatham

return last value of a sheet

If all of the cells in column A on Sheet1 are filled, this would do it for
you. In any cell on Sheet2:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!A1,COUNTA(Sheet1!A:A)-1,0)

"widman" wrote:

Is there a formula I can put on a worksheet that picks up the values from the
last row entered in the previous sheet, changing as rows are added.

In other words, this forumla in A1 of sheet 2 would show the value of A20 in
sheet 1 until values were put into A21, then they would show the values from
A21, then A22, etc.

Peo Sjoblom

return last value of a sheet

=LOOKUP(2,1/($A$1:$A$65535<0),$A$1:$A$65535)

if there can be no blank cells between last and first value you might use

=INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A))

Peo Sjoblom

"widman" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can put on a worksheet that picks up the values from
the
last row entered in the previous sheet, changing as rows are added.

In other words, this forumla in A1 of sheet 2 would show the value of A20
in
sheet 1 until values were put into A21, then they would show the values
from
A21, then A22, etc.

widman

return last value of a sheet

Started great, but for some reason as I copy it across the top of sheet 2
(which I will then use for a report) it stops after G. No matter what I put
in H or beyond, even the same values as show up in G, H returns 0.

Any ideas?

"widman" wrote:

Is there a formula I can put on a worksheet that picks up the values from the
last row entered in the previous sheet, changing as rows are added.

In other words, this forumla in A1 of sheet 2 would show the value of A20 in
sheet 1 until values were put into A21, then they would show the values from
A21, then A22, etc.

widman

return last value of a sheet

the lookup worked fine, thanks