-   -   Highlighting cells with a certain text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143859-highlighting-cells-certain-text.html)

ladybugathena

Highlighting cells with a certain text

I have a list of items (ex: car, blender, bowl, chair, table, etc) and it
gets updated everyday. I want to highlight 20 of these items, and make sure
that they, and the rows they are in, are automatically highlighted when I
update the file. How can I do this?

Conditional data formatting only works if you have 3 or less conditions.

Thank you,

Johanna

Trevor Shuttleworth

Highlighting cells with a certain text

Johanna

Put the list of items you want to highlight in a column on another sheet.
Give the column a name, for example, CFList.

Then, in your conditional format, refer to the CFList (Conditional
Formatting List)

=COUNTIF(CFList,$A4)0 and set the format you want, for example, font =
red

Regards

Trevor