-   -   Return all values found for criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143852-return-all-values-found-criteria.html)

duketter

Return all values found for criteria

Microsoft 2003 - I am doing a vlookup to return the value of column 2
(description) if column 1 (name) on the other worksheet is equal to column
1(name) on the main worksheet. However, a name can show up more than once in
the column 1 listing so I need it to return all values in column 2 each time
it is found. The vlookup is finding the first time it matches and then
stops. I need it to keep going down the column and return all values for
that name back to my cell with the formula in it.

Thanks

Rodrigo Ferreira

Return all values found for criteria

Try to put the formula in the first row:

=INDEX($A$2:$B$6;MATCH($E$1;$A$2:$A$6;ROW()-1);2)

$A$2:$B$6 is your table
"$E$1" has the value that you want to find
"2" is the second column (return)

--

Rodrigo Ferreira

"duketter" escreveu na mensagem
Microsoft 2003 - I am doing a vlookup to return the value of column 2
(description) if column 1 (name) on the other worksheet is equal to column
1(name) on the main worksheet. However, a name can show up more than once
in
the column 1 listing so I need it to return all values in column 2 each
time
it is found. The vlookup is finding the first time it matches and then
stops. I need it to keep going down the column and return all values for
that name back to my cell with the formula in it.

Thanks

Gary''s Student

Return all values found for criteria

If you have more than one name match, then consider using Autofilter.
Autofilter will display the entire row for all the matches of a given name.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723