-   -   Home & Student License (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143739-home-student-license.html)

Art

Home & Student License

Hi,

A friend of mine who is employed in a Christian Missionary organization
(non-profit and all that) needs to buy a copy of Excel to submit his expense
reports. He's asked my advice about purchasing it. I see that there's a
Home & Student version -- which on the surface doesn't appear that it would
apply. However what he's doing is not really commercial so I was wondering
if he could use that version. Does anyone know how the licensing reads or if
that's an accepted use for the Home & Student version?

I'd appreciate any information anyone might know.

Dave Peterson

Home & Student License

Before your friend invests any money in a program (or a suite of programs) to
just submit expense reports, he may want to try a free program:

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

or...

Google Docs offers a free online spreadsheet program (and a word processing
program) that may be able to open your file.
http://docs.google.com

Depending on how complex the expense workbook is, either may work ok for him.

--

Dave Peterson

Gerigto

Home & Student License

Art

Scroll down this page for some information:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...655301033.aspx

--
TG

"Art" wrote:

Hi,

A friend of mine who is employed in a Christian Missionary organization
(non-profit and all that) needs to buy a copy of Excel to submit his expense
reports. He's asked my advice about purchasing it. I see that there's a
Home & Student version -- which on the surface doesn't appear that it would
apply. However what he's doing is not really commercial so I was wondering
if he could use that version. Does anyone know how the licensing reads or if
that's an accepted use for the Home & Student version?

I'd appreciate any information anyone might know.

Art

Home & Student License

Thanks -- I had actually looked at that page. It mentioned it's only valid
for non-commecial uses, and I thought maybe that might include his work. I
wanted to find something more definitive. Thanks for the help though.

"Art" wrote:

Hi,

A friend of mine who is employed in a Christian Missionary organization
(non-profit and all that) needs to buy a copy of Excel to submit his expense
reports. He's asked my advice about purchasing it. I see that there's a
Home & Student version -- which on the surface doesn't appear that it would
apply. However what he's doing is not really commercial so I was wondering
if he could use that version. Does anyone know how the licensing reads or if
that's an accepted use for the Home & Student version?

I'd appreciate any information anyone might know.

Art

Home & Student License

Dave,

Thanks -- I was thinking about that also. I really don't know how good he
is at this stuff, so I'll probably recommend it as an option. I'm just not
sure if he'll run into any problems with it. Thanks again.