-   -   sorted one list based on another one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143689-sorted-one-list-based-another-one.html)

rachel h

sorted one list based on another one

I have two lists I need to match up... one is a long set of numbers (all
distinct numbers, none repeated), and another set that has all of the same
numbers-- but multiples of each of the number, along with a few columns of
data corresponding to different sets of sample data. What I need to do is
expand the first list so that it matches the numbers on the second list...
basically copying each number as many times as it is repeated in the second
list. Is there any way to do this more efficiently than manually going
through and inserting lines, and then copying?