-   -   Lab Schedule - with Pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143579-lab-schedule-pivot-table.html)

John Wicks

Lab Schedule - with Pivot table

Hello All,

I've been trying to get this Pivot table to work but the formatting escapes
me. All the examples I see have seperate sheets listing duplicate entries in
a long list of items. I'm hoping to use a different approach. What I'd like
to see is a calendar with some drop-downs that a user could select to show
them the available times for say tutors with experience in CISC 310 - C
Programming etc... Or if the user selects a particular tutor show them the
available hours for thsat particular tutor etc... I know the only way to get
those drop-downs is a pivot table but they don't work with the setup I have.
Just point in the right direction please....

Here's the link on Google where the spread sheet is
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...M0Q8cDLP8XPBEw

The sheets I'm wanting to use a
1. Lab Schedule - This is where I'd like the pivot table info to be with a
listing of each tutors name in the time slot. I'd like drop-downs boxes for
class, tutor name and subject. Each would limit the data displayed in the
schedule.
2. Tutor Subject List - Has a sheet with a listing of subjects the tutor is
capable in.
3. Tutor Class List - Similar to above only with classes
4. Tutor Schedule - A Sheet with the available times for the tutor

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

John