-   -   parse name from email address (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143489-parse-name-email-address.html)

[email protected]

parse name from email address

I'm trying to parse the name out of an email address. Everything I've
seen in the excel groups is just parsing out the email address.

Can someone help me out. Here is an example:

Is in column A1:A400

Result:

myname

in Column C1:C400

Thanks a bunch

Toppers

parse name from email address

=LEFT(A1,FIND("@",A1)-1)

" wrote:

I'm trying to parse the name out of an email address. Everything I've
seen in the excel groups is just parsing out the email address.

Can someone help me out. Here is an example:

Is in column A1:A400

Result:

myname

in Column C1:C400

Thanks a bunch

AKphidelt

parse name from email address

Theres 2 ways you can do this

1) Highlight the column or cells, go to
Data-- Text-To-Columns
Select Delimited
Then select Other and type in @

2) The other way is to input the formula in to another column
=LEFT(A1,FIND("@",A1)-1)

Replace A1 with the cells that contain the e-mail address