-   -   In Excel: is there a way of inserting the current time (what time it is right NOW) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143432-excel-there-way-inserting-current-time-what-time-right-now.html)

[email protected]

In Excel: is there a way of inserting the current time (what time it is right NOW)

This would help me save time

Everytime I take a pill (medication) I jot down the time.

In Word, it is easy. You just select Insert--Date/Time & then select
the current time (without auto-update)

Is there an equivalent command in Excel?

In Excel I have time-sheets for work. I jot down the time it is when I
arrive at work/uni etc. It would be useful if I could just click a
button and it would insert the current time. (I know it's not hard to
just type in 9:05am, but anything that saves time is a bonus!)

David Biddulph[_2_]

In Excel: is there a way of inserting the current time (what time it is right NOW)

Control semi-colon inserts the date.
Control shift colon inserts the time.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
ups.com...

This would help me save time

Everytime I take a pill (medication) I jot down the time.

In Word, it is easy. You just select Insert--Date/Time & then select
the current time (without auto-update)

Is there an equivalent command in Excel?

In Excel I have time-sheets for work. I jot down the time it is when I
arrive at work/uni etc. It would be useful if I could just click a
button and it would insert the current time. (I know it's not hard to
just type in 9:05am, but anything that saves time is a bonus!)

[email protected]

In Excel: is there a way of inserting the current time (what time it is right NOW)

On May 20, 9:16 pm, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
Control semi-colon inserts the date.
Control shift colon inserts the time.
--
David Biddulph

No way? !

Just tried it on the Mac - Command -semicolon works!!!

thank you so much - I never knew that!