-   -   Excel 2007: numbers randomly change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143319-excel-2007-numbers-randomly-change.html)

SJ

Excel 2007: numbers randomly change

I know it sounds ridiculous, but because it happend couple of times, i wonder
if it's happening to anyone else.
1. Some formulars in cells changed randomly. For example, if the original
formular was "=d5/d7", it changed to "=d6/d8" even though i haven't inserted
any rows or columns.
2. Numbers changed randomly. If the number was "30", it changed to "0"
couple of times.

Did anybody have similar experience?

SJ

Excel 2007: numbers randomly change

I forgot to mention that I use Excel 2007

"SJ" wrote:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but because it happend couple of times, i wonder
if it's happening to anyone else.
1. Some formulars in cells changed randomly. For example, if the original
formular was "=d5/d7", it changed to "=d6/d8" even though i haven't inserted
any rows or columns.
2. Numbers changed randomly. If the number was "30", it changed to "0"
couple of times.

Did anybody have similar experience?

Jim Rech

Excel 2007: numbers randomly change

I forgot to mention that I use Excel 2007

It's in your subject. No I haven't seen this phenomenon.

--
Jim

"SJ" wrote:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but because it happend couple of times, i
wonder
if it's happening to anyone else.
1. Some formulars in cells changed randomly. For example, if the original
formular was "=d5/d7", it changed to "=d6/d8" even though i haven't
inserted
any rows or columns.
2. Numbers changed randomly. If the number was "30", it changed to "0"
couple of times.

Did anybody have similar experience?

Harlan Grove[_2_]

Excel 2007: numbers randomly change

SJ wrote...
I know it sounds ridiculous, but because it happend couple of times,
i wonder if it's happening to anyone else.
1. Some formulars in cells changed randomly. For example, if the
original formular was "=d5/d7", it changed to "=d6/d8" even though i
haven't inserted any rows or columns.
2. Numbers changed randomly. If the number was "30", it changed to
"0" couple of times.

Did anybody have similar experience?

This could be a hardware problem rather than software. Flaky RAM could
produce such behavior. You may want to run memory diagnostics.