-   -   How can I create a link to a specific sheet from external web page (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14330-how-can-i-create-link-specific-sheet-external-web-page.html)

John D

How can I create a link to a specific sheet from external web page

Hi,

I have hyperlinks inside a workbook which take me from one page to another.
These work fine in an exported web page.

I would like to be able to create a hyperlink on a different web page that
points to a specific sheet on the exported Excel spreadsheet.

The problem is that no matter what sheet I link to, the link always goes to
the default sheet for the exported web page.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to make this work.

Dave Peterson

I'm not sure if this'll work for you, but this kind of hyperlink worked for me
in MSWord:

C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls#sheet2!c99

--

Dave Peterson