-   -   Adding in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143295-adding-excel.html)

[email protected]

Adding in Excel

I deal with a lot of data input into Excel spreadsheets. I have
evaluation data that rates subjects in a 1-5 scale, and I need to
tally up all the people's answers and average them out for each
subject. Which means I need to input 30+ individual answers. I was
wondering if its possible to add value to a cell by clicking on it,
and each time I click the cell it adds 1 value. Example: one person
rates program a 4, so i click the cell that represents a 4. Next
person rates it a 4 as well, so i'd click the cell and it
automatically adds one, so totalling two 4 ratings. Is this possible?

Thx

Farhad

Adding in Excel

Hi,

Let's say you want to cout specific numbers in a column and knoe how many
time they repited Try as below:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,4)

assumen your numbers are in the range A1:A100 and this formula return the
number that the number 4 has repited in your range.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

" wrote:

I deal with a lot of data input into Excel spreadsheets. I have
evaluation data that rates subjects in a 1-5 scale, and I need to
tally up all the people's answers and average them out for each
subject. Which means I need to input 30+ individual answers. I was
wondering if its possible to add value to a cell by clicking on it,
and each time I click the cell it adds 1 value. Example: one person
rates program a 4, so i click the cell that represents a 4. Next
person rates it a 4 as well, so i'd click the cell and it
automatically adds one, so totalling two 4 ratings. Is this possible?

Thx

Lilguycast

Adding in Excel

" wrote:
I deal with a lot of data input into Excel spreadsheets. I have
evaluation data that rates subjects in a 1-5 scale, and I need to
tally up all the people's answers and average them out for each
subject. Which means I need to input 30+ individual answers. I was
wondering if its possible to add value to a cell by clicking on it,
and each time I click the cell it adds 1 value. Example: one person
rates program a 4, so i click the cell that represents a 4. Next
person rates it a 4 as well, so i'd click the cell and it
automatically adds one, so totalling two 4 ratings. Is this possible?

Thx- Hide quoted text -

Well, the thing is that I am getting my information from paper copies.
And all i enter onto the spreadsheet is the total amount of 1-5
ratings for each topic from all of the attendees. Instead of counting
each individual persons response, and then putting it in, i want to be
able to just click on the cell that represents a specific rating, and
it automatically add one value each time i click it. Does that make
sense?

Farhad

Adding in Excel

I am not sure underestand what do you want to do just give me an example.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

" wrote:
[...]

Gord Dibben

Adding in Excel

Have a look at using 5 small Spin Buttons from the Forms Toolbar.

Link each button to a cell and click away.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP