-   -   Selecting Variable Data Ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143247-selecting-variable-data-ranges.html)

RC

Selecting Variable Data Ranges

I am trying to write a macro to create a chart based on a large data table,
but each time I run the macro, the data table will be in the same relative
location but will be a different size. How can I write the macro to select
an entire range each time even though it will be a different size?

Thanks,
rc

Miguel Zapico

Selecting Variable Data Ranges

This is not a macro, but it also may work in your case. You can use a name
that adjust to your data, as shown in this page:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm
And use that name as the source for the graph.

Hope this helps,
Miguel

"rc" wrote:

I am trying to write a macro to create a chart based on a large data table,
but each time I run the macro, the data table will be in the same relative
location but will be a different size. How can I write the macro to select
an entire range each time even though it will be a different size?

Thanks,
rc

RC

Selecting Variable Data Ranges

I was able to record a macro to make these steps and it looks like it will
work. Thank you very much.

rc