-   -   attaching descriptions to list of values for cell validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143238-attaching-descriptions-list-values-cell-validation.html)

landolas

attaching descriptions to list of values for cell validation

I want to be able to use cell validation to attach descriptions alongside
possible cell values to help the user select the right value from a set of
possible valid answers. I am trying to resist complex macros/vba to keep the
application maintenance light.

RagDyeR

attaching descriptions to list of values for cell validation

Select the cell. then:
<Data <Validation <Input Message tab,

Type message,
Then <OK