-   -   How do I synchronise Excel files ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143209-how-do-i-synchronise-excel-files.html)

nemyne

How do I synchronise Excel files ?

I'm trying to syncronise Excel files with my PPC. Is there a way to set it
up so that I can append the information for both files with each sync such
that it doesn't matter which copy (PC or PPC) I update ?

Dave Peterson

How do I synchronise Excel files ?

I don't own a PPC (pocket pc?).

But syncing any two files to find changes between them is pretty much
impossible.

There are so many things that could change (inserting and deleting rows/columns,
inserting/deleting/renaming sheets, changing formulas, adding shapes/pictures,
changing format....) that it makes it very, very difficult (impossible for me).

If you wanted to look at a cell by cell comparison to compare two worksheets
cell by cell (A1 with A1, x99 with x99...), you could try this addin developed
by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

--