-   -   mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143052-mouse-roll-button-doesnt-work-vbulletin-editor.html)

Brettjg

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

Dom_Ciccone

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

Sorry Brett, it doesn't work and as far as I know (certainly on Excel 2003)
it never has. I agree it's an inconvenience.

"Brettjg" wrote:

Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

Dave Peterson

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

I use VBScroll, but there are at least a couple of options:

http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

And it's been fixed in xl2007!

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Rech

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

This page will to direct you to some possible solutions:

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...el-in-the-vbe/

--
Jim
"Brettjg" wrote in message
| Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I
use
| it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't
now.
| Thanks and regards, Brett

Brettjg

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out.

"Brettjg" wrote in message
| Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I
use
| it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't
now.
| Thanks and regards, Brett

Jon Peltier

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

I use VBScroll on all of my computers save one. That one is a laptop which
must have been set up with the right combination of mouse drivers and when
all the planets were scrolled into position, and the scroll wheel has always
just worked in the VB window.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Brettjg wrote:

Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I
use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't
now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

--

Dave Peterson

Brettjg

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

Thanks Dave, a bit of research to do. Regards, Brett

Brettjg wrote:

Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

--

Dave Peterson

Brettjg

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

Oh well, thanks Dom.

"Brettjg" wrote:

Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

philliprogers

On May 17, 8:29 am, Brettjg wrote:
Can anyone tell why I can't use my mouse roll button in the VB editor. I use
it in every other application, and I'm sure it used to work but doesn't now.
Thanks and regards, Brett

Hi Brett,

There is a MS KB article reffering to this problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837910

Regards,

Phil

Jon Peltier

mouse roll button doesn't work in VB editor

FWIW, I had problems with the IntelliPoint method, and the
VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin is a larger imposition (larger file, more work to
install) than the tiny VBScroll utility.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions