-   -   ROR / IRR formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143009-ror-irr-formulas.html)

Craig

ROR / IRR formulas

Where can I go to get some excel Rate of Return formulas?

Thanks, jcs

Fred Smith

ROR / IRR formulas

The three ROR functions in Excel are RATE, IRR, and XIRR.

Help will explain all about them.

Fred

"Craig" wrote in message
. ..
Where can I go to get some excel Rate of Return formulas?

Thanks, jcs

joeu2004

ROR / IRR formulas

On May 16, 3:23 pm, "Craig" wrote:
Where can I go to get some excel Rate of Return formulas?

What exactly do you mean?

There are so many widely-used, but varied definitions of "rate of
return". Are you looking for a summary of "all" of them and their
Excel formulations?

Or do you have a particular definition of "rate of return" in mind?

If so, post your definition, and I'm sure someone can help you.

Perhaps you subject line, which includes the word "IRR", is a hint of
what you are after. But even the use of Excel's IRR() and XIRR() is
highly dependent upon the situation (e.g. frequency and regularity, or
not, of cash flows). In many case, IRR/XIRR() is not needed at all.

So you might also post an example of the data for which you want to
compute the "rate of return".