-   -   Conditional formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143007-conditional-formating.html)

bbc1

Conditional formating

I know that I can apply conditional formating to a cell, but I require it to
be applied to a row, ie if a2 is equal to or less than a value then row a2
formatting has strike through applied to font an applied to all cells in that
row.

AKphidelt

Conditional formating

hilight the row that you want formatted... go to Conditional Formatting

then select Formula is and type exactly

=$A$2cell

Cell of course is your reference... but make sure everything has $ around it
to keep it absolute throughout the row.

"bbc1" wrote:

I know that I can apply conditional formating to a cell, but I require it to
be applied to a row, ie if a2 is equal to or less than a value then row a2
formatting has strike through applied to font an applied to all cells in that
row.

bbc1

Conditional formating

Thanks that basicly did it, but what I require is cell a4 has a date in it
and the spreadsheet has over 100 rows what I would like is if say a2 to a3
is value 14/5/07 15/5/07 ie
a2 = 14/5/07
a3 = 15/5/07
a4 = 16/5/07
apply conditional format to all rows above a4 with value less than a4 strike
through on font.

"bbc1" wrote:

I know that I can apply conditional formating to a cell, but I require it to
be applied to a row, ie if a2 is equal to or less than a value then row a2
formatting has strike through applied to font an applied to all cells in that
row.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Conditional formating

Have you tried removing the dollar sign from the row reference to make it
relative, rather than absolute?
=$A2cell
so that the appropriate row number is used when you apply the format to the
other rows.
--
David Biddulph