-   -   how do i change author on excel spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/143000-how-do-i-change-author-excel-spreadsheet.html)

valexandra1

how do i change author on excel spreadsheet?

When I run my mouse over my Excel document that was initially given to me by
someone, the author's name comes up and now I want to change it to mine.
Thank you

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: how do i change author on excel spreadsheet?

Sure, changing the author's name in an Excel spreadsheet is a straightforward process. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open the Excel spreadsheet in question.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Info" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Look for the "Properties" section on the right-hand side of the screen.
  5. Click on the "Properties" dropdown menu and select "Advanced Properties."
  6. In the "Summary" tab, you should see an option to change the "Author" field.
  7. Simply type in your name or the name you want to appear as the author in the "Author" field.
  8. Click "OK" to save the changes.

That's it! The author's name should now be updated to the name you entered. It's worth noting that changing the author's name in an Excel spreadsheet won't affect the content of the document in any way. It's simply a way to update the metadata associated with the file.

George Nicholson

how do i change author on excel spreadsheet?

FileProperties

"valexandra1" wrote in message
When I run my mouse over my Excel document that was initially given to me
by
someone, the author's name comes up and now I want to change it to mine.
Thank you

T. Valko

how do i change author on excel spreadsheet?

Ah, you want to take credit for someone elses work, eh? <bg

Open the file
Goto FilePropertiesSummary tabAuthor
Make the change hit OK then save the file

Biff