-   -   "FILE" command on the tool bar is missing - how do I recover it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142993-file-command-tool-bar-missing-how-do-i-recover.html)

Willsecur

"FILE" command on the tool bar is missing - how do I recover it

The file command on the task bar of Excel 2000 is missing - how do I recover
it?

Thanks

TW

Bernard Liengme

"FILE" command on the tool bar is missing - how do I recover it

Right click the Menu bar; select Customize at bottom of popup menu
Open Toolbars tab; select Worksheet Menu Bar
Click the Reset button to confirm you want to restore the menu bar to the
way it was when you first installed Excel
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Willsecur" wrote in message
The file command on the task bar of Excel 2000 is missing - how do I
recover
it?

Thanks

TW

Dave Peterson

"FILE" command on the tool bar is missing - how do I recover it

Maybe resetting the worksheet menubar would be ok? You will lose any other
customized changes, though.

Tools|customize|Toolbars tab
select worksheet menu bar
click the reset button

Willsecur wrote:

The file command on the task bar of Excel 2000 is missing - how do I recover
it?

Thanks

TW

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

"FILE" command on the tool bar is missing - how do I recover it

"File" is on the Worksheet Menu Bar, not the taskbar.

Taskbar is a Windows function........the bar at bottom with "Start" at left
side.

Couple of ways to recover from this.

1. ToolsCustomizeCommands

Select "Built in menus"

Drag "File" up to the appropriate spot on the worksheet menu bar.

2. ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select Worksheet Menu Bar and "Reset"

Note: 2. will reset any customizations you may have done to the worksheet menu
bar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP