-   -   Changing a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142955-changing-formula.html)

DonnaS

Changing a formula

This may be really stupid questions but here it goes...
Below is my formula, I am adding some columns then dividing by 3. Next
week I will need the same columns added but will need to divide by 4, the
follwing week by 5. Is there any way Excel will do this without me manually
changing the number each week?

=SUM(M13:M16)/3

T. Valko

Changing a formula

Put the value in a cell then all you need to do is change that cell and not
the formula.

A1 = 3

=SUM(M13:M16)/A1

Biff

"Donnas" wrote in message
This may be really stupid questions but here it goes...
Below is my formula, I am adding some columns then dividing by 3. Next
week I will need the same columns added but will need to divide by 4, the
follwing week by 5. Is there any way Excel will do this without me
manually
changing the number each week?

=SUM(M13:M16)/3

Peo Sjoblom

Changing a formula

=SUM(M13:M16)/(WEEKNUM(A1)-17)

for this week, will work until 01/01/08

Peo Sjoblom

"Donnas" wrote in message
This may be really stupid questions but here it goes...
Below is my formula, I am adding some columns then dividing by 3. Next
week I will need the same columns added but will need to divide by 4, the
follwing week by 5. Is there any way Excel will do this without me
manually
changing the number each week?

=SUM(M13:M16)/3

CLR

Changing a formula

=SUM(M13:M16)/(WEEKNUM(TODAY())-17)
The 17 needs to be adjusted the first time you use it to make sure you get
your 3 divisor.

Or, you could just type the 3 in a helper cell, say A1, and then you would
just change it weekly instead of having to modify the formula(s)
=SUM(M13:M16)/A1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Donnas" wrote:

This may be really stupid questions but here it goes...
Below is my formula, I am adding some columns then dividing by 3. Next
week I will need the same columns added but will need to divide by 4, the
follwing week by 5. Is there any way Excel will do this without me manually
changing the number each week?

=SUM(M13:M16)/3

Bob I

Changing a formula

Replace the week with the following to get a number that increments each
week

INT((NOW()/7)-5599)