Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink doesn't open file, it opens progam

I have a speadsheet that indexes all appointment letters. Each title is
hyperlinked to the file with the same title, so that when it needs to be
updated it is readily available. Most are Word documents, a few are pdf
files (which aren't editable like documents) and one it an IMT document (AF
program, called PureEdge, with a .xfd file extension). All hyperlinks work
to their respective file, except for the IMT file. When I click on the
hyperlink, it opens a blank screen, comparable to opening Word, without a
document in the window. I have tried re-editing the hyperlink (to add
opening the program first-then the file), but the only fix I see is to set
the hyperlink to simply open the entire folder with all the appointment
letters and make them scroll through the letters to find this one. Am I
doing something wrong or do you know of an issue with this program not
allowing hyperlinks to its files.
--
Sue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insure that the extension is correctly registered to the application.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200722

"SP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How exactly do I do that? I went into My Computer / Tools / Folder Options /
File Types and found that XFD and XFDL extensions are set up to be associated
with PureEdge Viewer and the "Advanced" button shows that actions are
associated with it are "open, Print and Printto". Is this set up correctlly
or do I need to do something in addition to that?

Thank you so much for your help
--
Sue