-   -   Auto Populate Based on Other Selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142842-auto-populate-based-other-selection.html)

kate

Auto Populate Based on Other Selection

Hi,

I have created a drop down menu in a cell based in content in another
worksheet. I'd like the adjacent cells to auto populate based on the
selection in the drop down. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Gary''s Student

Auto Populate Based on Other Selection

use VLOOKUP
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200721

"Kate" wrote:

Hi,

I have created a drop down menu in a cell based in content in another
worksheet. I'd like the adjacent cells to auto populate based on the
selection in the drop down. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Auto Populate Based on Other Selection

Kate

Probably by using a lookup table and VLOOKUP formulas which return the data
based upon an ID number or similar.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP